Thursday 22 May 2014

Enamel signs

Lynton station buildings in old black and white photographs had some distinctive enamel advertising signs. Try as I might I have not been able to find these commercially . However some quick searches on the internet have provided images of most of what I can see on these old photographs. Using my iPad and pages has enabled me to resize these images to what I believe is the right scale. I've also used a very useful book on the Lynton and Barnstaple railway " Measured and Drawn" (by  Stephen D Phillips in conjunction with Michael J Bishop)  to check this -


3 comments:

  1. I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Enamel Sign

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please would you amend the author of 'Measured and drawn to Stephen D Phillips in conjunction with Michael J Bishop as per the loose insert included with every copy.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment and the Post is now updated

    ReplyDelete