Monday 6 October 2014

World War 1 and Lynton station

The Summer edition of the Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Magazine has a very topical front cover and inside story of the men of Lynton setting off on the first stage of their journey to the Western Front from Barnstaple station . Very effectively imagined by the wonderful art of Eric Leslie.
I also had the chance recently to visit the Moseley railway trust WW1 themed weekend at Apedale Valley light railway. It was a really enjoyable day and I was surprised by the amount of activities that had been arranged . I hope the following photographs give some flavour of the day. This has inspired me to re-build an old original 4 mm scale Gem Baldwin ( kit - circa 1975? ) that I had once built but taken apart due to frustration with my build quality back then. Maybe I'll post a picture if it turns out any better. Anyway here are some photos of the day.





















No comments:

Post a Comment