Friday 3 April 2015

Station building update

After two weeks of travelling with work it's been a pleasure to get back to some modelling again. It's rained cats and dogs today so I have spent some time on the station building . I've added more details to the roof by adding the under eave bracing ( I'm sure there must be building term for this ) and the chimneys . I noticed from old photographs of the station that one of the original chimneys must have been replaced at some point. So the odd chimney is intentional and not that I had run out of my stock supplied by Narrow  Planet. Weathering of the chimneys still required and in general some more painting.
I've also detailed the outside area




beyond the parlour. There were three small windows I had to make , one for the Ladies rest room and 2 for the outside toilet and store of the station master part of the building. Making windows is definitely my least favourite job. Several hours later , many ruined attempts and eventually  3 windows were complete ! Hopefully that's the last time I have to make windows for a long time.
The photographs don't show the wooden extension that I built in a previous post , as this is still in grey primer. Anyway progress ...

No comments:

Post a Comment