Friday 22 January 2016

Glazing over .....literally.

Yes indeed .... Glazing over making windows. My least favourite job.
 A little modest progress for the engine shed by making the 4 windows. I tried a new system this time whereby I positioned a scale 4 mm drawing of the windows behind some clear acetate and then built up the window frames following the drawing underneath. I don't know why I never tried this before as it was a much simpler and quicker way to get the job done. Within the hour four windows were released from their sellotape confines. Now all I need to do is just a little trimming and put them in place . Success , and hopefully I need not be daunted by glazing again.



1 comment:

  1. Nice job, David. Good see your progress and some new techniques. Thanks for sharing.
    How's Taw's repaint going?

    ReplyDelete